Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Energy21 is a leading technology company within the energy sector with a clear vision: creating a completely sustainable, transparent, and liquid energy market, driven by real-time data, AI and the latest technologies. Our market-leading technology, developed by some of the brightest minds in the energy sector, enables our clients to make better-informed decisions about their energy operations and drive the energy transition forward!
From our offices in The Netherlands, Portugal and Paraguay, we work with leading energy producers, suppliers, balancers, and industrial consumers across Northwest Europe. Join us in our exciting new growth phase as we scale our technology across Europe and play our part in making the energy sector more sustainable, one timeseries at a time. Are you up for the challenge?!”
About the job
Do you want to work for a fast-growing organization and are you a creative and motivated Database Administrator, who thinks in solutions? Then we are looking for you! Join us to contribute to our successful products. The team you will be working in is responsible for providing standardized and customized solutions to both external and internal clients. You will work in collaboration with customers, developers and other stakeholders and be responsible for a proper coordination between all parties. During the realization you like to roll up your sleeves. You are committed to delivering quality, on time and within budget. The focus in this role is mainly on database development and less on database management.
In addition to standard Energy21 characteristics such as eager to learn, flexible and enthusiastic, you have the following competencies:
- You are in possession of an MBO / HBO diploma in the direction of Computer Science or similar
- At least 3 years of demonstrable work experience
- Experience with SQL Server, Microsoft Azure SQL and Oracle and other relevant techniques, such as:
- Modeling data
- A lot of practical experience with several of the following topics:
- High Availability solutions;
- Disaster recovery;
- Performance tuning;
- Relevant certifications
- Pre: Azure cloud knowledge or experience
- Pre: Cassandra knowledge or experience
- A hands-on mentality with a problem-solving ability and you are aware of the latest techniques
- In addition to being a real team player, you are also able to work independently
- You have good communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in English at a professional level, both speaking and writing
- Currently living in The Netherlands.
- Database Management:
- Install, configure, and upgrade database software and related components.
- Design and implement database structures, schemas, and tables.
- Define and enforce data integrity rules and ensure data consistency.
- Monitor and optimize database performance to ensure efficient operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve database-related issues, including performance bottlenecks, connectivity problems, and data corruption.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies to safeguard data.
- Establish and maintain user access controls and permissions.
- Monitor database security and implement measures to protect against unauthorized access, data breaches, and other security risks.
- Implement database auditing mechanisms to track and analyze user activities.
- Ensure compliance with data privacy regulations (e.g., GDPR, HIPAA) and industry best practices.
- Collaborate with development teams to determine database requirements for new projects.
- Design and optimize database structures to support application performance and scalability.
- Perform capacity planning and recommend hardware and software upgrades as necessary.
- Conduct data modeling and schema design to meet business needs.
- Monitor database performance metrics and proactively identify and address performance issues.
- Optimize queries, indexes, and database configurations to improve overall system performance.
- Analyze and interpret database performance trends and provide recommendations for optimization.
- Develop and implement database backup and recovery strategies.
- Regularly test and validate database backups to ensure data recoverability.
- Create and maintain disaster recovery plans to minimize data loss and downtime.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation of database configurations, processes, and procedures.
- Generate reports on database performance, availability, and security for management and stakeholders.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new technologies, and best practices related to database administration.
What we offer:
- A position within an established name in the energy sector;
- Work in a dynamic, innovative organisation with ambitious growth targets;
- Personal development opportunities in an inspirational environment;
- Attractive primary and secondary conditions;
- Experienced colleagues in Utrecht but also the possibility to work in Lisbon & Paraguay from time-to-time
Interested or want to know more?
We are looking forward receiving your resume and motivation and in case you have any questions, please send us an email to email@example.com.