Utrecht, The Netherlands
Finance Operations Specialist
Energy21 is a leading technology company within the energy sector with a clear vision: creating a completely sustainable, transparent, and liquid energy market, driven by real-time data, AI and the latest technologies. Our market-leading technology, developed by some of the brightest minds in the energy sector, enables our clients to make better-informed decisions about their energy operations and drive the energy transition forward!
From our offices in The Netherlands, Portugal and Paraguay, we work with leading energy producers, suppliers, balancers, and industrial consumers across Northwest Europe. Join us in our exciting new growth phase as we scale our technology across Europe and play our part in making the energy sector more sustainable, one timeseries at a time. Are you up for the challenge?!
About the job
In your role as Finance Operations Specialist, you will have a variety of responsibilities with a focus on account payable and receivables. In addition, you will be working on time registration and support with the monthly closing and drawing up financial reports. In this position, you will support and work together with our other finance colleagues. In short, A versatile position where you will not get bored easily and can learn a lot!
We are looking for someone for 24-32 hours a week, preferably spread over 3 or 4 days. We are working hybrid, which means 2-3 days at the office. However, we believe face-to-face interactions are important for building relationships with your colleagues, sparking new ideas, and rallying around team goals, so there will be days when you are required to attend in-office meetings.
What will you do:
- You will process and check outgoing, incoming invoices and transactions within one environment in our ERP system (AFAS)
- You will support finance to get all hours registered and make sure we have everything on time in AFAS
- You will check the daily accounts receivable (AR) and accounts payable (AP)
- You will be responsible for archiving financial documentation
- You will extract reports from AFAS when necessary
- You will assist our Finance Lead and CFO with the monthly reporting to the management and our shareholders
- Minimum MBO4 level/HBO thinking level with several years of relevant work experience
- You are familiar with the Dutch (tax, financial) law
- You are an expert in Excel
- You have the ability to switch quickly between different tasks/activities
- You are native Dutch and have an excellent command of the English language, both oral and written
- You know how to set priorities and have a flexible attitude
- You are proactive, service oriented and extremely accurate and details oriented
- Integrity, reliability & trust are part of your DNA
- Currently living in The Netherlands.
What we offer:
- A position within an established and innovative name in the energy sector;
- An inspiring working environment in a fast growing company;
- Enthusiastic and professional colleagues;
- Flexibility in the layout of your working week;
- An experienced team in which you can learn from
Interested or want to know more?
We are looking forward receiving your application. For any questions, please send us an email via email@example.com!