Utrecht, The Netherlands
People & Culture Manager
Energy21 is a leading technology company within the energy sector with a clear vision: creating a completely sustainable, transparent, and liquid energy market, driven by real-time data, AI and the latest technologies. Our market-leading technology, developed by some of the brightest minds in the energy sector, enables our clients to make better-informed decisions about their energy operations and drive the energy transition forward!
From our offices in The Netherlands, Portugal and Paraguay, we work with leading energy producers, suppliers, balancers, and industrial consumers across Northwest Europe. Join us in our exciting new growth phase as we scale our technology across Europe and play our part in making the energy sector more sustainable, one timeseries at a time. Are you up for the challenge?!
About the job
As Energy 21 we have set ourselves some ambitious goals for the coming years, we want to pay even more attention to strengthening our People & Culture foundation. That's where you come into play! In this role you are responsible for continuing to develop, implement, optimize the People & Culture topics, and thus continue to guarantee our fine culture. You are in direct contact with the MT, our team leads and of course all our employees.
- Master or Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience in human resources with a focus on talent management, employee relations, and performance management.
- Passion for creating a positive work culture and fostering employee engagement.
- Exceptional people management skills to guide the Energy21 Team as well as to build and maintain strong relationships with employees, leadership and other (external) key stakeholders
- Strong business skills, including financial planning and budgeting
- Experience in a high-growth, scale-up environment preferred
- Strong knowledge of HR laws and regulations
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Ability to think strategically and make data-driven decisions (but also to know when it's time to trust your gut)
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Passion for developing and empowering employees
What will you do:
- You are responsible for all initiatives on the People & Culture roadmap. You determine the strategic themes in consultation with the Management Team (MT) and further develop them into concrete goals with associated actions.
- You are a sparring partner and advisor for the MT and the team leads on all People related topics, from recruitment to offboarding.
- Manage the employee life cycle activities including talent acquisition, performance management, employee growth, contracts, offers, onboarding and offboarding.
- Create, amend, review, and communicate People-related policies, principles, handbooks, and process manuals.
- Oversee and manage the recruitment process + strategy together with our Talent Acquisition Specialist.
- Create a learning and development strategy, including suggesting and arranging any required team training, advising on performance development plans and processes, and coordinating growth conversations.
- Be responsible for and drive diversity, inclusion, and engagement together with our Workplace & Culture officer.
- Be a point of contact for any personal work-related issues (e.g. grievances and employee disputes)
- Build & maintain an effective people team.
What we offer:
- A position within an established name in the energy market;
- Work in a dynamic, innovative organisation with ambitious growth targets;
- Personal development opportunities in an inspirational environment;
- Attractive primary and secondary conditions;
- Experienced colleagues in Utrecht but also the possibility to work from time to time in our office in Lisbon
Interested or want to know more?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!