Utrecht, The Netherlands
“Energy21 is a leading technology company within the energy sector with a clear vision: creating a completely sustainable, transparent, and liquid energy market, driven by real-time data, AI and the latest technologies. Our market-leading technology, developed by some of the brightest minds in the energy sector, enables our clients to make better-informed decisions about their energy operations and drive the energy transition forward!
From our offices in The Netherlands, Portugal and Paraguay, we work with leading energy producers, suppliers, balancers, and industrial consumers across Northwest Europe. Join us in our exciting new growth phase as we scale our technology across Europe and play our part in making the energy sector more sustainable, one timeseries at a time. Are you up for the challenge?!”
About the job
We’re seeking an experienced Project Controller who’s ready to lead our Project team through an exciting new phase in our business.
Energy21 is a technology company in the process of scaling-up with highly ambitious goals. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to help propel the company forwards - who will join their ambition with ours as we embark on our journey of growth. The role promises to be stimulating, full of variety and perfect for the candidate who loves to collaborate.
If you thrive on change, relish new challenges and want to work alongside an inspiring and motivated team, this opportunity is perfect for you!
You’ll be joining a team of 50 in Utrecht (Netherlands) and 20 developers in Portugal and Paraguay - helping us to provide leading international energy companies with IT data-management solutions (both through software and consulting).
What will you do:
- Lead the Project team
This entails you owning project control, project admin, invoicing, planning and reporting.
- Be a sparring partner for (senior) management
Balancing the role of challenging and supporting the business will always keep things interesting. When you think something can be optimised or improved, you’ll speak up and bring it forward.
- Participate in commercial proposals, product initiatives and proposition improvements
You’ll collaborate with the team to create and challenge business cases and performance reports (including pricing).
- Drive multi-year financial business planning
Working directly with our CFO, you’ll guide the direction of the entire company with business planning and budgeting.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses and improvements
Whether it’s financial processes, reporting or tooling, you’ll apply your skills and expertise to a variety of interesting, often complex challenges.
- A smart, eager professional with an academic background (e.g. MSc in Business Administration / Finance) and sound finance/accounting foundation.
- Experienced in preparing management-level presentations on strategic and financial topics, and comfortable with initiating and leading discussions.
- Analytical, result driven, well-organised and able to switch between the bigger picture (abstract thinking) and details at the same time.
- Data-driven and comfortable with using Excel and BI tools (Power BI).
- A strong personality, combining social skills with persuasiveness.
- A down-to-earth, self-starting builder who is able to coach colleagues on specific topics.
- Affinity with B2B SaaS business.
- Minimum of 5 years working experience at a Big Four or in a Business Control role at a Technology (software) organisation.
- Professional level in English and Dutch language.
- Currently living in The Netherlands.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary.
- Personal development opportunities.
- 25 + 2 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Enjoyable work environment (with regular socials).
- Trust and the freedom to do your job without being micromanaged.
- A role which grows as you do.
- Travel allowance.
Sounds Like you would be a good fit?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!