Senior Java Developer
Energy21 is a leading technology company within the energy sector with a clear vision: creating a completely sustainable, transparent, and liquid energy market, driven by real-time data, AI and the latest technologies. Our market-leading technology, developed by some of the brightest minds in the energy sector, enables our clients to make better-informed decisions about their energy operations and drive the energy transition forward!
In this role, you will be working with the product from Jules, a company acquired and is a part of Energy21.
From our offices in The Netherlands, Portugal, UK and Paraguay, we work with leading energy producers, suppliers, balancers, and industrial consumers across Northwest Europe. Join us in our exciting new growth phase as we scale our technology across Europe and play our part in making the energy sector more sustainable, one timeseries at a time. Are you up for the challenge?!
About the job
As a Senior Java Developer at Energy21, you will work across our entire PaaS solution. You'll be part of the operations team and collaborate with the research and development team to maintain our 'live' products and to design and implement new features requested by our customers. You will work from our office at Lisbon with a possibility to work partially from home.
- BSc / MSc computer science or other relevant study;
- 5 to 8 years experience as a Java Developer;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with people at all levels in an organization;
- Currently living in Lisbon, Portugal;
- Excellent skills to communicate effectively English.
- Hands-on knowledge of JEE, Angular, JSF, SQL, AWS, Docker, & version control;
- Interest or experience in energy or financial sector;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Flexible, communicative, innovative, enthusiastic, with attention to detail;
- Occasional travel to Energy21 head office in The Netherlands.
What will you do:
- Provide technical application support for 'Live' systems, including incident and problem investigation and resolution; capacity and performance management;
- Work in close collaboration with the product manager and customer success manager to understand the requirements for new functionalities;
- Perform testing activities for (complex) new functionality and coordinate implementation within the various production environments.
What we offer:
- A position within an established name in the energy market;
- Work in a dynamic, innovative organisation with ambitious growth targets;
- Personal development opportunities in an inspirational environment;
- Attractive primary and secondary conditions;
- Experienced colleagues in Lisbon but also the possibility to work from time to time in our office in Netherlands.
Interested or want to know more?
Great! Please send your resume and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!