Enabling advanced utility management
BASF is a chemical company and the largest chemical producer in the world. Its portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. BASF Antwerp is the largest chemical production site in Belgium and the second largest integrated chemical site of BASF. The site also accommodates several other chemical companies. Due to the size and volume of the site, energy and utility flows are managed by BASF on-site, which is essential to the production processes.
- Accurately forecast and allocate electricity usage for parties on site.
- Incorporate near real-time meter readings in the daily processes.
- Improve cost efficiency and security of supply through advanced digitalisation.
- EBASE platform integrated with meter reading infrastructure.
- Energy21 data management best practices adapted for non-regulated situations.
- Highly customised screens and logic.
Results and Impact
- Unlocked significant cost and CO2 optimisations through improved data insight and automation.
- Successful certification as a grid operator within the required term.
- >1000-fold increase in data points, no additional personnel.